is this your first time?
this is how it works in vertigo
- There is no need for a reservation before you visit Vertigo. It works like a visit of any fitness centre.
- On arrival, register at the reception, please. Our staff will brief you on what exactly you may and may not do in our centre and provide you any help needed. As a first time inexperienced visitor, you may use our autobelay units requiring no knowledge of belaying technique (a short briefing by centre staff is sufficient) and the bouldering section, 4.5 m high and lined with mats. For your children, there is a beautiful kids climbing corner.
- When visiting with children, do not forget – children must be accompanied by an adult person at all times. Uncontrolled running around the centre may result in an injury of your child and other climbers.
- You can also opt for the personal touch and spend your first visit of Vertigo with an experienced instructor, who will show you around the centre, belay and explain a few facts about climbing. For this option, please, complete a contact form or call Vertigo reception to arrange a date and time for your first visit.
- There are also several courses that can introduce you to climbing. There are three beginner courses – top rope course, introduction to climbing and family course. Application forms and information on all of them can be found in the COURSES section.
- Should you stay true to climbing, there is the LEAD COURSE, which opens the door to the largest section of our gym. Participation in this course assumes perfect mastering of the top rope belaying technique and a certain level of climbing/physical fittness necessary for lead climbing.
- If you prefer a more personalised approach, you can continue in individual lessons with an instructor, or just spend a session with an instructor from time to time to get some help with your progress.
- Last but not least, any person under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult person. If you fall in the 15 – 18 age group, are responsible and wish to visit our centre alone, you need to have the following form signed by your legal representative: consent of childs legal representative
WHAT YOU NEED
Rope climbing calls for a climbing partner, minimum 100 % mastering of belaying and rope handling technique and the following gear:
- HMS carabiner and belaying device
- Climbing shoes
- Chalk bag and chalk
- Rope (for advanced climbers capable of lead climbing)
- Sports clothes
Should you not be in possession of such gear, you can rent, or purchase it in our climbing centre.
When bouldering, the following gear suffices:
- climbing shoes
- chalk bag and chalk
- sports clothes
Climbing is classified in the group of extreme sports and many people couple the word extreme with the issue of safety, or “riskiness”. Clearly, climbing is coupled with risks. However, they may be avoided by complying with certain principles, standards and instructions.
The principal document providing for your safety during a visit of Climbing centre Vertigo are the “Operating Rules” visibly positioned at several spots within the centre and also available on this web page. Every centre visitor is obliged to abide by all the items of the Operating Rules.
Another step towards your safety is paying attention to what you do and what is happening around you. Under any circumstances, follow the instructions of the centre staff.
We often encounter experienced climbers refusing to abide by any rules presented in documents similar to our Operating Rules, since they feel they “know it all better”. We do not wish to object them. However, during their stay within the climbing centre, they are obliged to follow the defined rules set up in consultation with the methodological committee of Slovak Climbing Association JAMES.
And last but not least? Use your brains and do not overrate your abilities. You come to the climbing centre to have fun, to gather new experiences and to train. If you behave responsibly within the climbing gym premises, you will have fun, you will experience something and you will train. Do not forget that your irresponsibility does not only threaten you, but also others.
Any information presented in the Operating Rules, or within this web page may not replace due training and practice. Completion of proper training in the field of safe climbing and belaying technique is your own responsibility.